TAA encourages our beneficiaries to find out more about the other Social Assistance provided by the Social Service Agencies in Singapore.
The information on this page serves as references for social assistance. We strongly encourage you to contact the following Social Service Agencies if you require the assistance stated below.
1) ComCare – Social Service Office (SSO)
ComCare provides social assistance (financial assistance) for low-income individuals and families. ComCare assistance is available at the Social Service Offices (SSOs).
a) Are you permanently unable to work and need help to support yourself?
b) Are you or your family member unable to find a job or work for a period of time and as a result, your household needs financial help for a temporary period?
How to apply?
Visit the SSO office nearest to your residential address.
2) Zakat Financial Assistance – MUIS
MUIS Zakat Financial Assistance is meant for the poor and needy (fakir and miskin asnaf) and aims to help the bottom 5% of income earners in Singapore. Zakat financial assistance comes in different forms such as:
- Monthly Zakat Financial Assistance. Criteria based on Per
Capita Income (PCI $400 and below)
- Settlement of debt. One-time settlement of arrears for basic necessities
(utility and conservancy charges)
- Emergency Assistance. Rendered in time of crisis such as natural disasters,
fire, or emergency medical treatment
- Burial expenses. Reimbursement of burial expenses incurred upon death
of a zakat beneficiary
- Study grants. Islamic education subsidy / Madrasah school fee
subsidy / National Examination subsidy
- Fidyah food vouchers. To purchase food items at approved Fidyah retailers
Zakat financial assistance is available to all Muslim Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents. To qualify for zakat, the applicant will be assessed mainly by their Per Capita Income (PCI $400 and below).
How to apply?
Call or visit the Social Development Mosque nearest to your residential address.
3) Subsidies for Infant and Childcare – My First Skool
View the video for an overview of the subsidies for Infant and Childcare
4) Bursaries - LBKM (Lembaga Biasiswa Kenangan Maulud)
LBKM is a distinguished bursary institution that assists students financially in realizing their educational potential.
Financial assistance schemes include the following:
- Bursaries for students in the secular educational framework: Secondary to Postgraduate Levels.
- Bursaries for students in the religious educational framework: Primary to Postgraduate Levels.
- Bursaries for students in the part-time education framework: Undergraduate Level
- Scholarships for Undergraduate and Postgraduate Levels
- Research Grants
- Ad-hoc Financial Assistance – Case by case basis
5) Ready For School Fund (RFS) - AMP
The AMP Ready for School Fund assist students from underprivileged families in their educational pursuit. Assistance under the fund comprises the AMP Education Bursary, AMP-2ⁿᵈ Chance STEM Study Award, RFS Youth Enrichment Series, and other socio-educational assistance.
- AMP Education Bursary
Each successful applicant will receive financial assistance of $1,000 (for Degree students) or $500 (for Diploma students).
- AMP-2ⁿᵈ Chance STEM Study Award
Each successful applicant will be awarded $2,000 each.
Click here for more information on RFS or call AMP at 64163966 / 64163960
Application period is applicable.